30-Hour Famine HELP University Scholarship
Fully sponsored by:
Every child has the right to an education, for knowledge empowers. When children are able to make good decisions that help them develop physically, mentally and emotionally, they are setting themselves up for a bright future filled with opportunity and hope. Through education, children can lift themselves out of poverty, and become confident individuals who impact their communities.
World Vision Malaysia believes that every child deserves an education, and that is not limited to the communities we serve. Closer to home, scholarship opportunities are available to 30-Hour Famine participants wishing to pursue tertiary education.
Through a special collaboration between World Vision Malaysia's 30-Hour Famine and HELP University, four (4) students will be awarded with full scholarships. These full scholarships include two scholarships for Pre-University and two scholarships for Pre-University & a Degree course in HELP University, based on the successful applicants choices.
Below are the requirements to apply for these scholarships. Students who have completed Form 5 or higher are encouraged to apply. Applications are open from 19 March 2018 to 24 June 2018.
- Applicants must have participated in a 30-Hour Famine DIY camp or 8-Hour Kidz Famine DIY camp for at least a year, either as a camper, camp leader, camp committee member or a Countdown event volunteer.
- Applicants need to have fulfilled the basic academic entry requirements for the particular course of their choice in order to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants will be screened and interviewed at two separate rounds of selection to determine who will be selected as recipients of the scholarships.
- World Vision Malaysia will screen the first round of applicants.
- Applicants are required to fill up their application form available on the 30-Hour Famine website. Applicants will also need to answer a series of questions provided by World Vision Malaysia.
- A total of 30 candidates will be selected to advance to the second round.
- HELP University will contact the selected candidates.
- Candidates will go through an interview conducted by HELP University.
- HELP University will shortlist and select the 4 successful candidates.
Below is the list of pre-university and degree courses available for this scholarship at HELP University.
- Foundation in Science
- Foundation in Arts
- A-Levels (Edexcel & Cambridge) * External exam fees and science lab fees are not included
- Diploma in Business
- Diploma in Communication
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diplama in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Entrepreneurship)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Hospitality Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (International Business)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business Psychology (Hons)
- Bachelor of Communication (Hons) (Marketing Communication)
- Bachelor of Communication (Hons) (Media Studies)
- Bachelor of Communication (Hons) (Public Relations)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Games and Interactive Media)
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (Hons)
- Bachelor of Economics (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (Business Information Management)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (Mobile Computing)
- Bachelor of Management (Hons)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Hons)
- Bachelor in TESL
- Bachelor of Tourism Management (Hons)
All courses are to be completed at HELP University. Transfer, twinning or joint programmes are not included. Visit HELP’s website (https://help.edu.my/) for more information on courses of study.
Terms & Conditions:
- HELP University reserves the right to select the candidates for the scholarships.
- Candidates must complete the 30-Hour Famine HELP University scholarship application form and attach copies of their academic results and 30-Hour Famine certificates of participation.
- Late and incomplete application forms will not be considered for selection