Thank you for taking on the role of a Camp Leader for 30-Hour Famine!
Before you proceed, kindly read and understand the following Terms and Conditions.
By accepting the Terms and Conditions listed below, you have also agreed to adhere to all the rules and regulations put in place by World Vision Malaysia in running your 30-Hour Famine/ 8-Hour Kidz Famine DIY camp. It also indicates that you will be responsible for ensuring that your committee members follow these guidelines strictly.
World Vision Malaysia reserves the right to intervene or cancel your camp if any of the Terms and Conditions listed below are violated.
• A Camp Leader must be at least 18 years of age and above.
• A Camp Leader must possess skills in event planning and execution, able to coordinate with different parties, prudent in manpower planning, budgetary control and book-keeping, and computer savvy.
• A Camp Leader must attend at least one Camp Leader Training Workshop for the current year’s 30-Hour Famine.
• A Camp Leader must submit details of two credible referees (who are not relatives) and a guarantor for World Vision Malaysia to conduct the necessary background checks.
Note: If you are a student, your referee should be your lecturer/teacher/senior supervisor/headmistress/priests/pastors. If you are working, your head of department or supervisor can be your referee. Your guarantor should be your parents/guardian/superior at work.
• A Camp Leader is responsible for all Donation Booklets and Receipt Books that are entrusted to them. These materials are to be used exclusively for 30-Hour Famine. All Donation Booklets, Receipt Books and fund raised must be returned to World Vision Malaysia at or before 4th July 2017.
• A Camp Leader will undertake to report to World Vision Malaysia should there be any cases (real or suspected) of fraud or misappropriate of funds among the team’s campers.
• A Camp Leader must set a good example by demonstrating responsibility and accountability in all matters related to the organisation of a DIY Camp, particularly in matter related to finances/money.
• A Camp Leader must submit to World Vision a complete set of financial accounts attached with receipts and other proofs of purchase related to the DIY Camp. You may find the template in the Famine Kit.
• A Camp Leader must ensure that all campers' information is entered into the Internet Camper Relation Management system before the DIY camp. Campers’ information is to kept confidential and only use in relation to 30-Hour Famine.
• A Camp Leader must observe and follow all guidelines laid down by World Vision Malaysia at all times.
• A Camp Leader must agree not to use any abusive/obscene/racist/slanderous languages or materials that are deemed insensitive to Malaysia’s multi-racial, multi-religion and multi-cultural context.
• A Camp Leader must not promote personal business and/or commercial interests during the campaign.
• A Camp Leader must agree not to use any verbal or visual materials that may undermine the dignity and privacy of the poor and the children we serve.
• A Camp Leader must possess a positive spirit and passion to highlight the various poverty-related issues without displaying bias or judgment. The Camp Leader is to adhere to the messaging provided by World Vision Malaysia.