2023 30-Hour Famine Advocate RECRUITMENT
Young people are like a match struck in the darkness, capable of igniting a flame of hope and illuminating everything around them. That’s why the 30-Hour Famine is looking for young, energetic Advocates like you to hold up a torch of love and spread its warmth across the world.
Over the last two years, the global COVID-19 pandemic has gone on endlessly, impacting us all and forcing us to rethink the way we live our lives. But the spirit of solidarity that shone brightly during the fight against the pandemic has allowed us to better appreciate the importance of coming together as one.
Youth is power! We’re looking for young heart burning with love and courage to illuminate the path to a brighter future together. Ready to take that step?
World Vision Malaysia invites you to become a 30-Hour Famine Advocate, giving a voice to people in need, empowering them to improve their lives, and reaching out towards a better tomorrow!
If you are optimistic, energetic, courageous and concerned about global issues, you could be one of our 2023 30-Hour Famine Advocates! The Famine Advocate programme is a 1-year commitment and a once-in-a-lifetime learning opportunity. As a Famine Advocate, you’ll get the opportunity to visit a World Vision Area Programme in India, where you’ll witness how we empower vulnerable communities and improve their lives! After the visit, you’ll be responsible for raising awareness and advocating for people in need, using your influence to encourage others to join the fight against poverty.
- You were a Famine Fighter before; aged between 18 and 35.
- You support humanitarian relief efforts and care about global issues affecting vulnerable communities.
- You possess leadership skills.
- You uphold positive moral values.
- You believe in righteousness and are willing to give your time and energy.
- You possess a good attitude towards learning and humility, showing a keenness to seek knowledge.
- Able to speak in public, with good writing skills in Mandarin and English (or one of them).
- Able to participate in the World Vision Study Tour to India from
7 December 2022 to 12 December 2022.
Your step-by-step guide to becoming a Famine Advocate
Please email all the following documents and materials to [email protected] by 27 October 2022.
- Record a 3-minute video introducing yourself and share an experience that required you to step out of your comfort zone and be brave.
- Prepare a short write-up on the changes you’ve experienced after participating in the 30-Hour Famine (word limit: maximum 500 words if written in Chinese and maximum 300 words if written in English).
- Fill in and submit the 30-Hour Famine Advocate Form.
Applicants will be notified of the results and details of the next round via email and phone call by 31 October 2022.
The final 10 shortlisted applicants will go through a round of individual interviews at the World Vision Malaysia office on 9 November 2022. The 2023 Famine Advocates will be selected based on their overall performance (from preliminary round to round three).
Successful applicants will be notified via email by 10 November 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact Nicola Lim (6012-6588517) or Angela Kway (6011-54221488).
Note: All 2023 Famine Advocates are required to go for a one-week World Vision Study Tour to India from 7-12 December 2022. Expenses for the trip, including round-trip flights, travel insurance, visa fees, accommodation, local transportation and regular meals will be covered by World Vision Malaysia. Famine Advocates will be responsible for all other personal expenses.