30-Hour Famine HELP University Scholarship
World Vision Malaysia believes that every child deserves an education, and that is not limited to the communities we serve. Closer to home, scholarship opportunities are available to 30-Hour Famine participants wishing to pursue tertiary education.
Through a special collaboration between World Vision Malaysia and HELP Education Group, a scholarship fund of RM10, 000,000 is available for qualified 30-Hour Famine participants to pursue their education with the HELP Group for entry into academic years 2018 – 2022.
Below are the requirements to apply for the scholarship fund. Students who have completed Form 5 or higher are encouraged to apply. Applications are open now to December 2020.
- Applicants must have participated in a 30-Hour Famine DIY Camp, 8-Hour Kidz Famine DIY Camp or 8-Hour Parent and Child Famine DIY Camp at least once, either as a camper, camp leader, or a camp committee member. Past Countdown event volunteers can also apply.
- Applicants need to have fulfilled the basic academic entry requirements for the particular course of their choice in order to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants will be screened and interviewed at two separate rounds of selection to determine who will be selected as recipients of the scholarships.
- World Vision Malaysia will screen the first round of applicants.
- Applicants are required to fill up their application form available on the 30-Hour Famine website. Applicants will also need to answer a series of questions provided by World Vision Malaysia.
- A total of 30 candidates will be selected to advance to the second round.
- HELP University will contact the selected candidates.
- Candidates will go through an interview conducted by HELP University.
- HELP University will shortlist and select the 4 successful candidates.
- Foundation in Science
- Foundation in Arts A-Levels (Edexcel & Cambridge)
* External exam fees and science lab fees are not included
- Diploma in Business
- Diploma in Communication
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Entrepreneurship)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Hospitality Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (International Business)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business Psychology (Hons)
- Bachelor of Communication (Hons) (Marketing Communication)
- Bachelor of Communication (Hons) (Media Studies)
- Bachelor of Communication (Hons) (Public Relations)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Games and Interactive Media)
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (Hons)
- Bachelor of Economics (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (Business Information Management)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (Mobile Computing)
- Bachelor of Management (Hons)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Hons)
- Bachelor in TESL
- Bachelor of Tourism Management (Hons)