WHERE THE FUNDS GO
The funds raised through the 30-Hour Famine 2020 will support World Vision’s community development work in the Democratic Republic of Congo, China, India, Mongolia, Myanmar and Vietnam, providing children and families with livelihood and clean water & sanitation assistance. This includes:
Strengthening knowledge and awareness of safe water storage
Provide safe water storage containers and improve the hygiene behaviour of families.
Improving access to safe drinking water
Install bore wells and filtration units while helping to improve hygiene practices and reduce water-related diseases among children and adults.
Increasing access to toilets and sanitation facilities
Support materials for toilets and fresh water supply systems, as well as provide hygiene training to parents, teachers and children.
Improving access to livelihood opportunities for poor households so they can better provide for their children
Support and train households on best practices for using seedlings, which will help increase food availability.
Strengthening the skills and knowledge of farmers and households
Improve the knowledge of farmers and households on sustainable livestock-raising techniques, helping them increase livestock production and learn more about overcoming animal diseases.
Establishing the Disaster Risk Response (DRR) plans of communities and schools
Provide Disaster Risk Response (DRR) knowledge through workshops, drills and educational activities, as well as set up DRR committees in communities.
Republic of Congo
- Health & nutrition, education, livelihood and child protection projects in Mukim Tulid and Tatalaan, Sabah (World Vision’s Malaysia Assistance Fund)
- Improving Youth Livelihoods through Vocational Training & Employability (Fugee School)
- Young Urban Farmers Enterprise (Good Shepherd Services)
- Students’ Nutritious Lunch Programme (ElShaddai Centre Berhad)
- Health & Hygiene for Undocumented Unaccompanied & Separated Children (UASC) in Community Placement (SUKA Society)
- Boost Bloom Workspace – Livelihood Training for Special Needs People (Dual Blessing Berhad)
- WeCare-Sponsor-a-Child Programme (Yayasan Sin Chew)